- Published: 21 March 2017
The Lease Operator is responsible for monitoring and reporting on production and other pertinent well information and provides maintenance on production equipment. The position applies basic and some advanced skills to perform routine and complex operations using tools and equipment appropriate for the energy industry. Applies a general understanding of the technical concepts, practices, and procedures, and has a general knowledge of industry standards and government regulations related to the oil and gas industry.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Gauge production on assigned wells and report gauge readings, downtime, along with pertinent well information to district office.
- Perform lease maintenance such as minor surface pump and production equipment repairs and adjustments; trim weeds, clean up trash, etc.; grease pumping units, service lease equipment, etc.
- Seek ways to reduce direct lease operating expenses by noting problems and/or recommending courses of actions to supervisors.
- Assist in witnessing meter calibrations; monitor rates and pressures on injection and disposal wells; make necessary adjustments; monitor chemical use; and test safety systems daily to maximize daily production.
- Perform work in a manner that ensures the secure and environmentally safe operation of all wells and leases for which the pumper is responsible.
- Must be self-motivated, strong ethics, ability to work with minimum supervision, have reliable attendance and demonstrate flexible cooperative behavior in the workplace.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Meet and maintain eligibility requirements to drive a company vehicle.
- Pass a background check and Pre-Employment Requirements.
- Preferred 2yrs General Working knowledge of safe oil and gas production operations.
- Active interest in gaining knowledge of engineering principles and an understanding of subsurface and surface equipment and operations.
- Ability to perform simple mathematic calculations, have a good mechanical aptitude, good writing skills and a good safety and driving record.
- Dependable and have ability to work overtime, if necessary.
- Must be able to work in the United States without the assistance of sponsorship.
3S Services, LLC offers competitive pay, paid time off, paid holidays along with a benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance.
3S Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. 3S Services, LLC does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws.