We are currently looking to fill this position in the Midland and Arlington, TX areas. The I&E Designer performs instrumentation and electrical design duties for projects in the oil and gas industry. The I&E Designer also works with other engineering disciplines to: create instrumentation and electrical drawings packages for construction
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintain the integrity of 3S Services HSE policies.
- Read and understand process and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs).
- Work with AutoCAD design software, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Word.
- Work with vendors to review the installation requirements for the different pieces of electrical equipment.
- Ability to do electrical system walk downs and create as-built drawings.
- Create electrical construction drawings such as: one-line diagrams, motor circuit diagrams, grounding plans, conduit plans, interconnection diagrams, and area classification plans.
- Be able to create conduit and cable schedules which require the knowledge of the NEC Code in regards cable sizing and conduit fill.
- Design PLC panel layouts, wiring, and bill of materials.
- Enhances 3S Services reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to the job accomplishments.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- At least 8 years of design experience.
- Familiarity with industry codes and standards.
Experience in the oil and gas industry is a plus.
We offer competitive pay and a benefits package that consists of Blue Cross Blue Shield Medical and Dental coverage as well a Wellness Program. In addition to medical coverage, we also offer Humana vision, and Life insurance plans for both employee and family.