3S Services, LLC is a growing oilfield company looking for an experienced Instrumentation & Automation Technician to join our team. This position will be based out of our Carlsbad/Hobbs, NM location. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the implementation and maintenance of various automations installs in the Oil and Gas Industry. This position will primarily execute field installs of various automation instruments/transmitters as well as download, troubleshoot, and modify RTU and PLC configurations to fit the current need.
- Multi-skilled position responsible for performing preventive and general maintenance and technical repair
- Work on instrumentation and electrical equipment.
- Responsible for installing and maintaining all instrumentation and electrical components safely.
- Has the ability to troubleshoot problems with equipment. Runs conduit, pulls wire, changes motors, and maintains lighting systems and basic motor controls.
- Maintains and troubleshoots station and unit control systems and complex equipment, e.g., generators, VFDs, MCC etc
- Maintain, modify and troubleshoot Distributive Control Systems (DCS) and/or Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) to maximize use of control technology and minimize installation and operating costs.
- Maintains advanced monitoring devices (vibration and temperature monitors)
- Read P&ID and electrical diagrams and other complex electrical drawings; interprets station and unit electrical diagrams
- Updates electrical drawings.
- Installs, troubleshoots and maintains end devices, alarms, shutdown systems, process controls, substation and branch feeders, variable frequency drives, MCC, panel boards, etc.
- Performs preventative and general maintenance on electronic and pneumatic equipment and parts associated with this equipment (which includes working near energized circuits over 440 volts).
- Is familiar with AC voltage (120-480) three phase and single phase plus 24 VDC.
- Is familiar with medium voltage of 4160 to 138,000 volts AC
- Has knowledge of, electrical layout, safety systems and area classifications.
- May work independently or with various groups to deal with issues that may arise.
- Uses hand tools, power tools, and electronic diagnostic equipment.
- Performs clean up associated with tasks.
- Provides training and technical support as required. Other duties and projects as assigned
Essential Requirements: Experience, Educational & Special Training Required
- Must be versed in Allen Bradley display and control software and PLC equipment.
- Ability to produce understandable and accurate reports and records.
- Has ample knowledge of computers and Microsoft office programs.
- Can examine/analyze equipment for defects.
- Must have record of positive work performance, good safety record, ability to perform work independently, history of being dependable and reliable, good organizational skills, good customer relations.
- Understands equipment repair manuals; federal, state and local codes and regulations: schematic, wiring diagrams, layouts, codes, standards (incl. company standards and other regulations).
- Ability to work well with others.
Special Characteristics/Job Requirements:
- Work may involve walking over uneven terrain, bending, moving from ground level to higher levels, and working around mechanical, industrial and electrical equipment. Candidate will be subject to DOT drug & alcohol testing requirements
- Must be willing to work overtime and handle call-outs
- Must have a minimum of a High School degree or equivalent.
- Ability to follow written or spoken work instructions in English.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Outdoor work required with exposure to elements
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
3S Services, LLC offers competitive pay, paid time off, paid holidays along with a benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance.
3S Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. 3S Services, LLC does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws.