We are looking to fill this position in the Midland/ Odessa, TX area
This job installs, repairs wiring, maintains and upgrades electrical systems, electrical fixtures, apparatus, and control equipment by performing the following duties. This job description shall be reviewed as needed.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Measures, cuts, bends, threads, assemble, and install electrical conduit.
- Pulls wiring through conduit.
- Splices wires by stripping insulation from terminal leads, twisting or soldering wires together, and applying tape or terminal caps.
- Terminates wiring at lighting fixtures, control boxes, connectors, and power equipment.
- Installs controls, monitoring and distribution apparatus such as switches, relays, sensors, control boxes and circuit-breaker panels.
- Connects power cables to equipment, such as electric motors or heaters, and installs grounding leads.
- Tests continuity of circuit to ensure electrical compatibility and safety of components with testing instruments such as ohmmeter, oscilloscopes, ammeters and test lamps.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with specifications and codes.
- Observes functioning of installed equipment or system to detect hazards and need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement.
- Disassembles faulty electrical equipment, replaces defective or damaged components and re-assembles equipment.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Direct and train workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Perform business management duties such as maintaining records and files, preparing reports and ordering supplies and equipment.
- Other tasks maybe assigned as needed.
- Computer skills - Able to use available computer systems and MS Office products with little or no assistance.
- Communicating effectively and working with others – Able to work with peers and engineering support to develop and implement solutions to problems/issues.
- Problem Solving / Troubleshooting – Able to obtain, analyze and interpret data/information and develop solutions to issues/problems.
Qualification and Education Requirements:
- High school education or equivalent is preferred.
- Maintain a Journeymen Certificate/License.
- A valid Driver’s License is required.
- 3 to 5 years oilfield electrical (AC & DC), hands-on experience.
- Qualified to work in the US.
- Knowledge of safety practices and environmental regulations.
We offer competitive pay and a benefits package that consists of Blue Cross Blue Shield Medical and Dental coverage. In addition to medical and dental coverage, we also offer Humana vision plan, life, short term disability, and supplemental insurance.