This job installs, repairs wiring, maintains and upgrades electrical systems, electrical fixtures, apparatus, and control equipment by performing the following duties. This job description may be revised as needed.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Builds meter skids
- Measures, cuts, bends, threads, assemble, and install electrical conduit.
- Pulls wiring through conduit.
- Splices wires by stripping insulation from terminal leads, twisting or soldering wires together, and applying tape or terminal caps.
- Terminates wiring at lighting fixtures, control boxes, connectors, and power equipment.
- Installs controls, monitoring and distribution apparatus such as switches, relays, sensors, control boxes and circuit-breaker panels.
- Connects power cables to equipment, such as electric motors or heaters, and installs grounding leads.
- Tests continuity of circuit to ensure electrical compatibility and safety of components with testing instruments such as ohmmeter, oscilloscopes, ammeters and test lamps.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with specifications and codes.
- Observes functioning of installed equipment or system to detect hazards and need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement.
- Disassembles faulty electrical equipment, replaces defective or damaged components and re-assembles equipment.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Other tasks maybe assigned as needed.
- Computer skills - Able to use available computer systems and MS Office products with little or no assistance.
- Communicating effectively and working with others – Able to work with peers and engineering support to develop and implement solutions to problems/issues.
- Problem Solving / Troubleshooting – Able to obtain, analyze and interpret data/information and develop solutions to issues/problems.
Qualification and Education Requirements:
- High school education or equivalent is preferred.
- A valid Driver’s License is required.
- 1 to 3 years oilfield electrical (AC & DC), hands-on experience.
- Qualified to work in the US.
- Knowledge of safety practices and environmental regulations.
3S Services, LLC offers competitive pay, paid time off, paid holidays along with a benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance.
3S Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. 3S Services, LLC does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws.