- Knowledge of Industry design codes especially AISC, ACI, ASCE, ASTM, and BS
- Be fully conversant with seismic and environmental analysis theory design fundamentals and construction methodology
- Understand above ground installation (AGI) designs covering launcher and receiver stations and block valve stations (BVS)
- Direct the development of and review all civil and structural design drawings; including site specific designs, layouts, and typical details
- Experience in engineering and design to minimize filed installation and commissioning activities
- Capable of assessing conceptual solutions to civil structural engineering problems and improvements within the social and economic constraints
- Knowledge and experience in the engineering of structural supports for vessels, packaged equipment, large rotating equipment, and pipelines
- Able to identify issues, problems, and opportunities; make timely decisions; develop appropriate and innovative solutions; and ask assistance if required
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to convey information and ideas to individuals and groups
- Able to work on multiple projects of various size and complexity
- Able to work effectivity in small to large multi-disciplinary teams, and share and transfer knowledge within teams
- Extensive technical and practical experience in discipline engineering
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Analysis and Design of structure and equipment foundations to static and dynamic loading
- Analysis and Design using engineering software such as STAAD. Pro, Foundation 3D, etc.
- Preparation of Basis of Design, Material Specifications, Material take offs, Scopes of Work, Technical reports, Inter discipline design coordination and supervision
- Competent in preparing design calculations for steel and concrete structures
- Liaise with Designers in the preparation of CAD drawings, typically using AutoCAD
- Liaise with Designers in the preparation of structural and foundation drawings and details
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or closely related engineering degree from an accredited college, university or technical school.
- An active Texas PE license.
- 8-10 years of qualified engineering experience.
We offer competitive pay, paid holidays, paid vacations, and benefits package that include:
- BlueCross BlueShield Medical
- Humana Vision
- Short Term Disability
- Supplemental Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Relocation Allowance