The Pipeline Operator performs terminal and station operations with both inside and outside responsibilities. This is a 7 on and 7 off rotation, located in the Orla/ Menton, Texas area. Camp housing will be provided during the 7 days off.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Plans and executes crude oil delivery to appropriate pipelines or tankage.
- Performs measurement analysis to determine crude oil API gravity and sediment and water percentage.
- Monitors operational data during crude oil movements and takes appropriate actions when necessary.
- Ensures safety and protection of the environment for activities performed by terminal maintenance, inspection, and crude oil washing activities.
- Monitors terminal equipment during operational activities to ensure proper function. Performs tank-to-tank transfers when necessary.
- Gathers and organizes measurement data, including meter counts, sediment and water data, and other related information.
- Enters measurement data into ticketing system, analyzing the data once entered and correcting any errors.
- Performs basic maintenance activities, general housekeeping, and other related activities.
- Assigns work permits for company and contract personnel working at local facilities.
- Communicates operational information, maintenance needs, and other related information to internal and external customers in both verbal and written form.
- Coordinates emergency response activities when necessary and can act as first responder when required.
- Possess a strong commitment to personal and job safety
- Must demonstrate mechanical aptitude and dexterity in the use of tools and equipment.
- Must be able to perform basic mathematical calculations and possess basic computer skills including spreadsheet and word processing applications.
- Good verbal/ written communication skills, decision making skills and strong work ethic. Able to assume responsibility, be flexible, perform duties and handle multiple tasks under potentially stressful and/or hazardous conditions.
- Must be willing to work overtime, holidays, and handle call-outs, and must live or relocate to within 1 hour response time of job assignment.
- Basic computer skills including spreadsheet and word processing applications. Must be able to demonstrate sound judgement with the ability to make decisions and corrections when problems are detected.
- Good customer relation skills with the ability to interface with landowners and other corporate and field personnel.
- Must possess a high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent is required.
- Must possess a technical certification or equivalent training/ experience in a processing plant, pipeline or similar industry is desired.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record is required.
- 1-3 years in crude oil/ condensate pipeline operations experience with adherence to DOT 195 regulations.
- Ability to use physical force to lift, push or pull up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to climb and work at various heights and may work in a standing, sitting, lying down, crouched or kneeling position.
- Works in temperature extremes due to weather conditions and operating equipment.
- Must be able to routinely react to visual, aural and other signals, including alarms and instructions, and is required to visually inspect work.
We offer competitive pay and a benefits package that consists of Blue Cross Blue Shield Medical and Dental coverage. In addition to medical and dental coverage, we also offer Humana vision plan, life, short term disability, and supplemental insurance.