We are currently looking to fill this position in Arlington, TX. This position is responsible for performing instrumentation and electrical design duties for projects in the oil and gas industry. The Senior I&E Designer will work with other engineering disciplines to : create instrumentation and electrical drawing packages for construction.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintain the integrity of 3S Services HSE policies and procedures.
- Read and understand process and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs)
- Work with AutoCAD design software, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Word.
- Work with vendors to review installation requirements for the different pieces of electrical equipment.
- Must be able to do electrical system walk-downs and create as-built drawings.
- Create electrical construction drawings such as: one-line diagrams, motor circuit diagrams, grounding plans, conduit plans, interconnection diagrams, and area classification plans.
- Must be able to create conduit and cable schedules which require the knowledge of the NEC code in regards to cable sizing and conduit fill.
- Must be able to design PLC panel layouts, wiring, and bill of materials.
- Enhance 3S Services reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to the job accomplishments.
Qualification and Education Requirements:
- Must have at least 8 years of design experience
- Familiarity with industry codes and standards
- Experience in the oil and gas industry is a plus
We offer training, competitive pay and a benefits package that consists of a Blue Cross Blue Shield Medical and Dental coverage. In addition to medical coverage, we also offer Humana vision, life, short term disability, and supplemental insurance.